Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Identifying Strengths and Weaknesses Through Leads Variety

If one of the most crucial aspects of a leads source is the volume of leads that it is able to offer, an equally important consideration is the variety of leads that can be obtained from the same firm. The ability to order a large number of leads is essential when you're seeking to expand your operation, but without the benefits of variety, you may be working blindly, missing out on opportunities to refine and specialize your strategy. I've always been deeply interested in working with several different lines of insurance, as I like the challenge that it poses and feel that it helps keep my work fresh and interesting. But it's also able to help me identify my own strengths and weaknesses as an agent –something that's difficult to do if you simply perform the same type of task over and over in endless repetition.

A primary objection to the practice of selling multiple lines of insurance is that an agent would have to spend a lot of time, and possibly a lot of money, sourcing the many different types of leads needed to realize a worthwhile campaign. This is certainly a valid issue, and agents who are reluctant to work with multiple lines have probably found themselves up against this difficulty in the past, or have at least imagined the horror of having to conduct a leads generating effort multiple times for a single day of selling. The answer to this problem, which isn't really a problem after all, is to work with a major national leads source like InsuranceLeads.com that offers leads in many different areas.

I've used InsuranceLeads.com for sourcing prospects who have indicated and been verified for their interest in home, auto, health and disability, long term care, burial, life, cancer, and business insurance policies, as well as annuity plans. If you've worked with any of these lines in the past, you're probably aware that some are associated with especially difficult to find leads. In such cases, it can be detrimental to a campaign to have to source hard to get leads for different lines from other firms and methodologies, as this can greatly influence your data and make it hard to recognize what you're doing right and where you need to improve when you perform regular assessments.

Because of the availability of multiple kinds of leads, all of which offer various free and fee-based filters, I'm able to rely on the data I collect and keep all of my InsuranceLeads.com prospects together in a single file. From time to time, when I take a day or two off to look at the numbers and analyze what's working, I can consider my performance across the board with my InsuranceLeads.com prospects. I know that the same degree of quality, checked with the same thorough quality controls, can be expected from each line. It's my own personal data insurance plan, and one I without which I wouldn't want to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment