Wednesday, August 25, 2010

When Prospects Lead to Lessons

I can hardly imagine that anyone would consider it a bad thing, but one of my favorite things in the professional world, as well as in life in general, is the experience of getting extra functionality out of an already useful product or process. I've found may areas ripe for being used this way within the context of insurance, and a lot of them can be attributed to my choice in leads sourcing. InsuranceLeads.com has helped me to accelerate my insurance business in a variety of ways, even though its main goal is a fairly simple one: to provide good leads in a number of different lines of insurance. With anything that offers a variety of functionalities, it's still of the utmost importance that the basic service is complete and competent, and I've always found these qualities at InsuranceLeads.com. They're responsible for the core of the sales conversion ratio improvement I've been experiencing since I joined. But the extra incentives are pretty incredible in their own right.

The insurance agent resources section at InsuranceLeads.com is one of the most complete and in-depth guides to insurance sales that I've seen online. You might think that a company whose focus is on sourcing the best leads out there in high volumes has little time or interest in providing advice that actually makes sense and is driven towards helping clients improve their strategies. But the resource section will definitely change your mind. I've come across many tips and tricks in this section as I've worked my way through all of the site's offerings, and I've implemented a lot of the ideas that have been suggested. A major move for me was incorporating web marketing tactics to use for my prospects who preferred to be contacted by email.

I knew that I wanted to put together a newsletter, as I wanted to be able to offer my online prospects something unique and useful and that wasn't just another email. There is an overwhelming wealth of material touching on how to create good newsletters on the web, and I was quickly buried in a sea of suggestions and lists of rules for doing it right. But when I came across the tips for insurance newsletter building at InsuranceLeads.com, I found advice that made sense, that was concise, and which seemed especially targeted for the kind of newsletter campaign I wanted to run.

This wasn't the first or the last time I found something of great use in the resources section at InsuranceLeads.com, but it is one of my best memories of the site. I've been running my own newsletter for just under a year now, and have picked up a lot of follow-up prospects and even gained referrals with the result. Like anything worthwhile, it requires continual re-thinking and re-organizing, but the basic principles remain the same, just as they were when I saw them at InsuranceLeads.com. It's an extra use I didn't expect but greatly appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment