Wednesday, August 25, 2010

No Sales Conversion Slumps Here

It can be somewhat difficult for me to divulge to friends and family the fact that I'm currently enjoying such a high degree of success with my work as an insurance agent. It's not that I don't want to include them in my own personal celebration, but with the economy ransacking most industries and laying into the job market at an incredible pace with layoffs, it can feel a bit boastful to talk about my sales conversions and the new directions and investments I'm thinking about for my business. I know a lot of people expect that those in every industry are taking a major hit these days, but it's not something I've observed in insurance –that is, it's not something I've experienced personally. There are probably some agents and brokers out there who are going through tough times. But while the financial storm rages on, I'm seeing the best conversion rates I've ever been able to pull in. And it's not simply in one line of insurance, or with a single demographic. It's across the board. Everything that I've been selling has been selling well; whether I'm working with hot life transfers or through email –even my online and traditional face to face campaigns are returning greater numbers than ever before.

One of my main preoccupations over the past few weeks and months has been looking at how and why this has happened. Obviously, it's not the case that I intend to cut off whatever is causing this steady stream of successes, but I think it's of great importance in any line of work to have a deep understanding of what is useful, what isn't, and why. I'm sure there's something to be said for the situation created by the economy itself, as difficult times can make people more cautious and encourage them to reconsider existing, expensive plans. I've share this idea with others, who have agreed that it's likely contributing to the upward trend. My own skills at sales have improved as well, as I knew they would over time, and that can probably take some of the credit.

But the overriding thing that has changed in the period in which I've been monitoring this improvement is the density of leads I've sourced from InsuranceLeads.com. I've been purchasing leads from this company for a few years, but shortly after news of the ensuing recession began, I moved the majority of my leads sourcing to one this one spot. With the souring attitudes of consumers, I had been experiencing high rates of negativity and resistance through other leads sourcing methods –something I'd like to keep at a minimum. With the new developments I have in mind for my insurance career, I'm hoping to be able to work on a much larger scale in the near future. I'll be keeping my leads coming from InsuranceLeads.com throughout the process, and looking forward to seeing my numbers climb, even if I stay quiet about it when friends and family inquire.

No comments:

Post a Comment