Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Strain of Sourcing: A Daily Insurance Step I've Exterminated

Let me give you an idea of how my average morning used to work when I first started out in insurance sales. I'd wake up, lazily make myself some breakfast, and park myself in front of the computer, spending a couple of hours reading insurance blogs and other resources, looking to see if a new and bright idea would be waiting for me in someone else's description of their own ho-hum morning as an agent. Unsuccessful, I'd tell myself it was time to buckle down and get to work, and I'd go about looking for leads. I had a few stand-by sources that I used on a fairly frequent basis: mostly re-sold, recycled leads on the cheap, that were advertised as being specially priced for being in obscure demographic groups (I've since filed a few complaints with the operators). I also did a lot of work entirely from scratch; I'd look for people who had recently purchased new vehicles or homes, or for relatives of those who I knew had fallen ill. To say the least, each day it proved to be a major strain to get a decently-sized collection of leads, and by the time I had finished with my sourcing, I barely had any energy or enthusiasm left for selling.

That daily picture is a far cry from the type of mornings I've been having for the past few years. Now, when I wake up, I instantly get into my selling mode, because I know that there are a number of pre-verified, categorized, and well-organized leads already waiting for me. When I began using InsuranceLeads.com to source the bulk of my leads in the many lines of insurance that I sell, I found that I didn't have to sort through a lot of disinterested or stale leads such as those I had been receiving from other companies, nor did I have to sweat through several hours of hand-picking prospects in an attempt to recover some of the quality I had lost. Instead, I could have as many leads delivered as I wanted, sent as hot transfers to my phone, through email, or made available for me to use in uploading. After a cup of coffee and a bite to eat, I'm ready to go through my list and start closing deals –something I can comfortably and enjoyably do until it's time to call it quits for the day.

Every now and then I look back on the difficulty I had with sourcing leads at the beginning of my insurance career, and while I can take it as a learning experience, and be grateful for the lessons that I learned during that period, I wish I'd made the move to InsuranceLeads.com a little sooner. Seeing the resulting profits makes it a bit hard to disregard the extra cash I know I'd have. Hopefully my hindsight will help a few others avoid the same mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment