Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Referrals + High Converting Leads = Magic Formula

Looking for a magic formula in any industry or line of work can be a fool's errand. Most experts in a given field will tell you that the key to success is to think well, work diligently, and be consistent, and this is largely true. In the world of insurance, this time-honored advice certainly applies, but that doesn't mean there aren't certain strategies and arrangements that can greatly accelerate returns and help an agent catalyze their success. You might come across several different “magic formulas” when looking for ways to improve your insurance business; I know I've found a multitude myself, and some are much more helpful than others. But the formula I've found to be most effective, and certainly most exciting, is the combination of using high converting leads that also help you get referrals. Like an extra set of cherries on top of an already eye-popping ice cream sundae, referrals and high converting leads in combination can make any sales strategy especially sweet.

This formula isn't free, like so many things in life that signal excellent quality. I've re-couped my investment several times over though, and have no reservations about putting some cash out there to help my career as an agent take flight. The cost is for the leads themselves, of course. There are those who will suggest that it's possible and preferred to go out searching for your own high-quality leads, but without the power of a huge staff and plenty of money for marketing and research, you'll probably find yourself with some slightly above-average leads that cost several times more than their worth given the time and effort expended to track them down.

I use InsuranceLeads.com for my high quality leads, and have never regretted the decision to work with the filtered, pre-verified, and genuinely interested leads generated by the firm. Not only are the prospects with which I talk enthusiastic about being contacted, helping the course of high conversion rates, but they're often so thrilled with being personally catered to that they refer me to their friends and family. This works wonders for my reputation as an agent locally and also boosts my sales through the roof, making each successful sale significantly more valuable. Though I'm happy with the rates I pay for leads at InsuranceLeads.com, the added bonus of picking up referred prospects of equal quality and value for free makes the initial expense seem laughable.

As you go through the course of your own career, you may well discover your own magic formula adapting your strategies to suit what works and to discard what doesn't. But if you're looking for a way to truly rock your sales rates and get the most value possible out of leads sourcing, I challenge you to try out this magic formula. No matter what stage you're in as an agent or broker, it's bound to help you make a few giant leaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment